Consistency is a key component to success, and studying from home is not ideal. It should therefore be avoided if possible. While the digital option is on the table allowing students to study from home, it is not the optimal way for our students to learn. Some students are choosing to study from home for the wrong reasons. Because of this, we want to make sure that
we are clear to parents about why we are operating in this way. Please read the lists below.
Reasonable Reasons to Study from Home:
- I have a health condition that makes exposure to COVID a serious threat to my health.
- I live with or regularly come into contact with a person who has a health condition that makes exposure to COVID a serious threat to his/her health.
- I have symptoms or am too ill to come to school.
- I am in quarantine because I traveled abroad or was in close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID.
Unreasonable Reasons to Study from Home:I don’t feel like coming to school today.
- It’s too cold outside.
- It’s raining.
- There’s a test I’m not prepared to take.
- I’d prefer to sleep in.
- It’s more comfortable to stay home.
- If your child is considering staying home and studying remotely, please work with us to make sure they are doing so for the right reasons. Thank you!